Vital Football

Latest Charlton Athletic News

Charlton Takeover Bid Rejected

Charlton Takeover Bid Rejected

Hot on the heels of the rumours that Peter Ridsdale was attempting a takeover at Charlton an offer from Swiss-based fund manager Sebastien Sainsbury has been rejected.

The name may sound familiar because it is, he's a member of the supermarket mob and has also been sniffing around The Addicks for a while.

Richard Murray knows how important new investment is and the club are still actively seeking this but they must be the right people and when they are found they will be officially announced, Murray told The Official Website: "Having been involved with Charlton for so long, the future of the club is paramount in my thoughts.

"The identity of any new owners or investors is of huge importance to the board and I. They have to be right.

"When we are in a position to provide more information regarding possible takeovers or anything else, the club will announce it via its usual channels.

"We're committed to being as open as possible with fans, but we're not going to issue a statement every time there is some kind of rumour."

It's being reported that a "senior source" has said the offer was rejected due to proof of funds not being provided with it also believed that the takeover would involve high levels of borrowing to fund the deal and that's (quite rightly) a concern some board members were guarded against.

What is the thought among the Addicks followers on this site on the latest takeover news? Share these feelings below so we can discuss them.

Join The Vital Debate



Click here to join in the debate on the club forum.

Writer:Charlton Addickt
Date:Monday November 8 2010
Time: 3:28PM

Comments

0
there is something going on...however it's sensible that discretion is exercised until a formal offer is made...we all know that beingg in new ownership can bring benefits or tribulation to any club
weloveyoucharlton
08/11/2010 16:30:00
Page 1/1
  1. 1

Login to post a comment

Recent Charlton Athletic Articles

Magennis Extends Charlton Stay

Northern Ireland international Josh Magennis has signed a contract extension at Charlton Athletic through until the summer of 2019.

Vital League One Preview - 19th August 2017

The 2017-18 season continues with the latest round of games this weekend, 19th August.

Who Serves A Suspension This Week - 18/8/17

Here's a list of all the players currently serving, or under a suspension at the beginning of the week that will potentially keep them out of contention...

Premier League Cup Draw - U23s

The draw for the 32 team Premier League Cup took place earlier this afternoon and there are a few significant Midland derby clashes this year.

Archived Vital Charlton Articles

Vital Charlton articles from

Site Journalists

Kieran Keogh
no email
Profile
Michael Tucker
no email
Profile

Current Poll (see more polls)

Charlton Athletic v Northampton Town
Suggested By:
Charlton win0%
Northampton win100%
Draw0%
ScoopDragon Publishing Entire League Network of Sites
Vital Football Comment
Latest F1 News
Latest Vital Boxing News
Write for Vital Football

Recent Charlton Athletic Results (view all)

Charlton Athletic Fixtures (view all)

Vital Members League Table

RankNamePoints
1.JeromeThomas145
2.john west4
3.calumhibee14
4.jc2246 @hotmail.co.u3
5.rorzzman2
6.Wricklemarsh2
7.kishy1
8.cafc till i die1
The Vital Football Members League