Price(s) Agreed For Charlton Sale
Late Wednesday afternoon Charlton Athletic director Richard Murray confirmed to the media that a price for the club had been agreed between Roland Duchatelet and two interested parties.
With a number of demonstrations in recent years, and even more head coaches seeming to change managers as often as his underwear, the Belgian owner has been looking to offload the club for more than 12 months with his foray into the English game not exactly going to plan...and that time could be near with two agreements in place in a provisional sense.
A sale remains a few weeks away as the formalities are concluded but for many fans it looks like the end of a long road and now it's in the hands of lawyers.
Meeting with fan representatives back on January 20, Murray explained.
'My opinion, and this is only an opinion of what might happen, I would say the most likely month is February.'
His finger was on the pulse and even though he said a few weeks ago that obviously details of the interested parties couldn't yet be released owing to non disclosure agreements in place, you would expect that soon to disappear as each potential new owner will want to begin getting the fans on side.
Speaking this week to the Official Site Murray further explained.
'I said in January that negotiations with two parties on the takeover were continuing well and I hoped a deal would be concluded in February of this year. Although the takeover has not yet been completed, the good news is the terms of the deal, including the price, have now been agreed between the parties and we are now just waiting for their respective lawyers to finalise the sale and purchase agreement. You can never tell how long lawyers will take but I`ve been informed it should be within the next few weeks. Once the new ownership has been legally achieved, we will inform everyone via our official channels.'
The game now of course is 'guess who' given the reported media links, the names involved and so on.